Friday, January 27, 2012

Lamp Re-Vamp

While I was taking pictures of our master bedroom for a previous post, I noticed how our bedside lamps blended in with the walls.  I remembered having some extra blue bias tape from a project that I finished last fall and decided to 'dress up' the lamp shades a bit.    


I gathered my supplies and got to work.  I used wide bias tape in Stone Blue, scissors, paint brush and Mod Podge.  In the past, I've used fabric glue to bind ribbon and trim to things and the glue shows through the material.  So since I already owned the Mod Podge I used that.  I'll let you know if the trim starts falling off!  


Starting at the seam, 'paint' the glue on to the lampshade and adhere the bias tape, slowly wrapping back around to your starting point.  Really it couldn't be any simpler!


Now our cute little lampshade has some personality and pizzaz and no one can accuse it of blending into the background anymore!


Best part - since I already owned everything, it was a free make-over!

No comments:

Post a Comment