Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Plan for Finley's Room

When we were pregnant with my daughter Finley, we were beyond thrilled and we went all out buying her expensive nursery furniture and really decorating her room.  Her nursery served us well for two and a half years, but as she's growing up, I've come to feel as though her room isn't growing with her.  It's just a little too baby-ish and I've had to itch to change it up for awhile now.  The impetus to start planning for a big room re-do occurred when she started climbing in and out of her crib and we switched her over to a big girl bed.

See, sweet but a little too babyish for a toddler.

I'm still in the planning stages of Finley's new room, but I think I've finally nailed down my fabric choices.  I want to paint her walls a pale blue and paint her new bed (bought at a thrift store) a bright pink.  This is an inspiration picture, so you can see the scheme I'm thinking of:



I've been on the look-out for fabrics that incorporate both blue and pink and here are my top contenders right now:




Do you have a favorite among the three?  I'd love to know your opinions!

2 comments:

  1. I like the first one! Perfect now & when she's 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, because that's the one I ordered! Now I'm going to order a bunch of fabric samples to find the perfect coordinating fabrics. I love fabric!

    ReplyDelete