Thursday, February 2, 2012

Before and After - Dining Room

Since I never planned to start a home blog, I didn't plan on taking 'before' pictures of each room.  Unfortunately, this is the best picture I have found to show the room that is now our dining room.  It is a small room (approximately 9 1/2'-x-11') that is adjacent to, and open to, the front living room.  Originally (as shown in the picture below), we had this room as the study/office, but we couldn't really ever get much work done since it was open to the living room (and thus the TV).  

OMG, this picture!  The decor is horrendous - a stuffed duck "flying" on the wall, a TV randomly placed in between the two rooms and on a particle-board TV stand, and I think I spy a huge, overstuffed aqua leather chair in the corner...



So much better!  I wanted to make the one full wall stand out and I found this idea for an easy wall treatment on Little Green Notebook.  I love how it mimics wallpaper but without all the fuss and mess.  Plus it's easily removable without leaving any damage to the walls!  


{the view of the dining room from the kitchen}


{the view of the dining room from the living room}

We still have some design work to finish up before the dining room is completely finished:
  •   I've bought a drum pendant chandelier to replace the ceiling fan, but I'm still waiting on Handy Andy (i.e. my husband Andrew) to hang it for me.  When it's hung, it will block the view of the sunburst mirror, so I think I'm going to buy another one and hang them on the wall on either side of the chandelier.
  • We already owned the dark brown leather parsons chairs and they are filling in at the heads of the table until I find the right chairs.  
  • I'm also on the look out for a great rug to put underneath the table to infuse a little warmth and texture into a room with lots of hard lines.  
  • And lastly, I need to style the table with more than just a runner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment